Shop Report: American Apparel

American Apparel, Camden, London.

American Apparel to me is a cool and effortlessly chic place of shopping paradise...however with its elaborate styling and extremely fashion savvy and original displays; I also feel it creates quite an unrealistic view of what to expect. Quite rightly, of course, as that’s what would draw any shopper in. The only problem is, I find it difficult to justify the prices of garments in there. I mean, I pick something up and alone it’s nothing, pick up all of the stuff that’s along side it and you could feel like you’re strutting down a catwalk, add up the cost of it all with prices around £70.00 for garments of a similar standard to Topshop and you’ll be falling off!

I do think, that if you have the money to spend, you could create and amazing outfit, most things would also team up great with vintage items, so I guess you could do the similar looks on the cheap. It all boils down to American Apparel having an amazing visual merchandising team, hats off it works, it draws you in, and it makes you really WANT the clothes. Weather it makes you actually buy or not, is another question. The stores main problem is that it could perhaps striving to be ‘too cool’ if there is such a thing, and sometimes this can be the ingredients to be the antithesis. For now though I’m happy enough ogling the displays and stealing little ideas of my own to recreate in my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment